Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Proverb 3:5...What it means to me

When my husband and I first started dating we went on a weekend getaway to Key West. We knew each other pretty well because we had worked together for almost a year by that time but still were in the beginning of the dating phase. At that point in time I did not think him and I were going to be more than just a casual dating thing that would fizzle out in the next few months. I did not want to allow myself to fall so deep because of the previous mistakes I had made that year. Walking around a shop in the Keys I spotted a lighthouse with this proverb written on it. John saw it and we both instantly had a connection to it. He told me that when he was going through a rough patch when he was younger he said this is what had got him through them. I connected to it because I felt that this was exactly what I needed to show me that everything was going to be OK in my life and that God was going to direct my way. We had an amazing weekend and on our drive home I was slowly realizing that this was not just another guy in my life. He meant so much more then that and we connected on such a deep level. Flash forward around 1 year after our Keys adventure this was being read by my sister in law before our wedding dinner. These words are so powerful and when I read them I feel a sense of relief that everything that is happening is not in my hands, its in the Lords. As I sit here wondering when I will become pregnant and why it isn't happening to us right now I read these beautiful set of words and take a deep breathe and realize that the Lord will direct our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment