Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Do's and Dont's Of Traveling

So So SOOOO happy to be home!! Spending 3 weeks away from my family was WAY to much but a learning experience! Now that I am a pro traveler and all (2nd time on a plane and first time by myself...ok so my mom sheltered me a little bit!) I learned a few things on my adventure and decided to share them whith you! Here are my does and don'ts of traveling

1) Do NOT over pack...
I need options. I'm not one of those people who can pick out outfits for each day and only bring those while traveling. I mean I was going away for 3 weeks!! So I decided to try to pack literally everything and convinced myself that my check in bag was under 50 lbs. While flying to Atlanta I had my husband with me at the check in counter so when the bag weighed about 75 lb he was there to help me trasfer my stuff into my carry on. Different story coming home. If you were in Atlanta last Saturday morning and you were trying to self check in on a US Airways flight...I'm sorry. If you saw the girl on her hands and knees transferring things from one bag to another while ever US Airway counter person was screaming to get out of the way..again I'm sorry. It was a HUGE scene that I never want to go through again. I've learned my leason!

2)Do Experience New Things
I went to great places to eat (Publix, Boranda's and Escorpion are amazing local places in ATL), walked everywhere (brought everything but good walking shoes..I'm still paying for that), and rode the Marta (Atlanta Subway) for the first time. I went to the Coca Cola Factory which was so much fun! I also made 8 new friends that were in my training class who I will always try to keep in touch with. They are all amazing in there own ways!

Last but not least....


3) Do NOT get drunk on a business trip
Not my mistake but one of my fellow employees. Not a good scene...there were tears, vomit, and missing training class. Enough said


Here are some pics of my trip! Hope you enjoyed my do's and don'ts!

Coke Factory..Pretty Bottle


Hotlanta Baby!!!


First Time On A Subway...I know I'm such a Dork!


Celebrity Experience...Lamman Rucker from Why Did I Get Married. Awesome guy who was so sweet!! He was very impressed with my Pittsburgh Steelers Knowledge (Thanks babe!)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that picture of you next to the huge bottle! You are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete